The forecasts on OpenSnow are updated every hour with a proprietary blend of global data from the GFS (American), GDPS (Canadian), and ICON (German) weather models, along with high-resolution data from the HRRR (American) and HRDPS (Canadian) weather models.
- Proprietary algorithm to improve the snow-to-liquid ratio, precipitation, lightning, temperature, and wind speed calculations for cold, mountain environments.
- Provides the ability to create a forecast for any location (and elevation) to ensure that we are forecasting conditions on the mountain and not for a nearby town.
- An improved method for calculating the snow level (elevation that separates rain from snow) to provide a more realistic forecast, especially at the beginning of storms and during times of intense snowfall.
- Blending multiple global and high-resolution models increases accuracy and confidence in the forecast.
- Day & Night Snow Forecast
- Day & Night Snow Level
- Daily High & Low Temperature
- Hourly Chance of Precipitation
- Hourly Temperature
- Hourly Lightning Potential
- Hourly Wind Speed, Gust, & Direction
- Hourly Cloud Cover %
This blend of proprietary forecast data is updated every hour on OpenSnow for thousands of locations around the world and we are adding new locations every day.